Group Business Segments
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
Thermo Forming Operator
Operates thermoforming machines, trim presses, and immediate support equipment in a safe and efficient manner to produce a maximum quantity of high quality product with minimal scrap and downtime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
This list is not all encompassing and other duties may be assigned.
1. Works safely and applies safe practices at all times.
2. Removes and installs form tool inserts, when applicable.
3. Verifies and documents the equipment settings, process settings, and product specifications prior to start up and/or taking over the line.
4. Starts up the former, trim press and support equipment in a safe, efficient manner.
5. Operates former adhering to predetermined parameter settings for the specific job.
6. Troubleshoots the process by identifying, analyzing, and correcting problems in form, trim, lip roller, and bagging processes.
7. Immediately notifies Packers and QA of defective product.
8. Inspects finished product routinely and records inspections.
9. Accurately records process data including downtime, stroke counts, labor, product information, etc. on daily shift reports and/or project reports and forwards reports to the Supervisor.
10. Communicates and coordinates activities with appropriate personnel, both inside and outside of the department including Maintenance, Warehouse, Tooling, and QA.
11. Performs Line Clearance at the end of each production run and prior to initiating the following start up of the next job.
12. Identifies and labels film, corrugate, and other process materials.
13. Cleans former, trim press, and immediate support equipment and maintains a clean, organized, safe work area continuously throughout the shift.
14. Adheres to and complies to all General Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
15. Applies knowledge to improve production processes and procedures within set standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school graduate or GED equivalent preferred but not required. Previous grinder experience helpful and one to two years' previous thermoforming experience preferred. Previous fork lift driving experience helpful.
Ability to read and interpret documents including, but not limited to, safety rules, policies, procedures, quality specifications, and written reports or correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in small units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in a standardized situation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Employee will work in a manufacturing environment. Must be able up to 40 lbs., standing, walking, climbing, bending, twisting, crouching, push/pull, and reach above shoulders a great amount of time and hand/finger dexterity required.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will work in an environment with:
- above normal heat conditions
- noise levels exceeding 90 decibels
- light dust in the air
- flashing lights
- sirens and horns
- powered moving equipment passing nearby
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Employee must be able to work various hours and various shifts which may include overtime. Maintaining good attendance is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of Social Security (SSA). To learn more about E-Verify, please visit
Send This Job to a Friend