||Temporary Utility Worker- Soiled Laundry
||This is a second shift position. *Shift rotation includes weekends*
The Utility Worker - Soiled Laundry performs tasks with soiled linen products in preparation for the wash process; and performs tasks including machine operation, involved in the preparation, processing, and delivery of linen products to customers.
1. Functions in compliance with all OSHA, Joint Commission, ISO, and Goodwill Linen Services Infection Control, and Safety policies.
2. Weighs and records all soiled carts as needed.
3. Dumps and sorts soiled linens into predetermined classifications.
4. Codes (tags) all carts to ensure accurate separation of customer linens.
5. Identifies, codes, and correctly places all specialty linen and miscellaneous items.
6. Reports all non-linen or lost items found in soiled linen to the supervisor.
7. Reports any Infection Control violations to the supervisor. (Needle sticks, improper bagging, etc.)
8. Properly loads and unloads power equipment, according to item and weight.
9. Properly codes individual customer's linen products to ensure correct identification in the computerized tracking system.
10. Accurately codes correct wash and dry formula for each load into machine.
11. Operates washers, dryers, hydraulic presses, and other equipment.
12. Completes reports used in the operation of department.
13. Cleans all equipment and work area on a scheduled routine.
14. Report any equipment malfunctions to the maintenance staff and/ or supervisor.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to read, write and perform basic math functions.
2. Must be able to work with a high degree of accuracy.
1. Must be able to stand or be stationary for eight or more hours.
2. Ability to lift 40 pounds and push and/or pull carts weighing 500 pounds.
3. Must have good hand dexterity to unload, separate, and sort on a continuous basis.
4. Must be able to observe product and linen appearance so that specific standards are met.
5. Ability to work in a hot and humid environment. Protective equipment may be required.
6. Performs tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
1. Previous laundry or production experience.
|Goodwill is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please call 414-847-4131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information
on EEO and other rights, please
||Send This Job to a Friend