||Lead Worker Laundry
||The Lead Worker-Laundry performs tasks done by utility classifications and gives training and direction to these positions. Serves as a resource for production workers. Acts in a supervisory role in the absence of the supervisor. Shift includes weekend
rotations. Positions open on both 1st and 2nd shifts.
1. Leads production process, trains personnel and provides ongoing instruction in assigned areas.
2. Functions in compliance with all OSHA, Joint Commission, ISO, and Goodwill Linen Services Infection Control and Safety policies.
3. Provides input to supervisory staff in developing and maintaining procedures and processes necessary to meet or exceed productivity and quality standards.
4. Coordinates work flow between areas and adjusts personnel to maintain proper work flow. Assists doing whatever tasks are needed to maintain flow and schedule.
5. Ability to trouble shoot malfunctions of equipment and work with the maintenance staff, informing them and the supervisory staff of any equipment malfunctions.
6. Provide ongoing evaluation of performance of individuals, is aware of disciplinary policies, and makes recommendations concerning production and performance.
7. Assists in the daily cleaning of all areas and equipment.
8. Performs other tasks as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Previous laundry or production experience.
1. Demonstrated work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and with differing abilities.
2. Ability to read, write, and perform basic math functions.
3. Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing needs of customers and plan operations.
4. Must be able to work with a high degree of accuracy.
1. Must be able to stand or be stationary for eight or more hours.
2. Ability to lift 40 pounds and push and/or pull carts weighing 500 pounds.
3. Must have good hand dexterity to sort, fold, and operate power equipment on a continuous basis.
4. Must be able to observe product and linen appearance so that specific standards are met.
5. Ability to work in a hot and humid environment. Protective equipment may be required.
6. Perform tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluid, or tissue.
|Goodwill is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please call 414-847-4131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information
on EEO and other rights, please
||Send This Job to a Friend