||RESIDENTIAL SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR - LAKE VILLA
||Lake Villa - Adult
||As Illinois’ largest provider of substance abuse treatment, joining the team at Gateway Foundation Alcohol & Drug Treatment offers valuable experience with a variety of treatment methods as well as an opportunity to collaborate with skilled experts about
a diverse clientele. Gateway welcomes the challenge of constant improvement and is proud to uphold the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval. In addition to a competitive salary, Gateway offers employees health benefits, dental insurance, career advancement,
training and development and on-site clinical supervision to individuals pursuing certifications and licensures.
Residential Substance Abuse Counselors are responsible for:
• Preparing and facilitating group counseling sessions, educational programs, and lectures to assist clients in meeting therapeutic goals
• Conducting individual counseling to provide crises intervention, support & guidance, and address client behaviors and personal problems
• Documenting clients’ progress and responses to treatment
• Maintaining client records; ensuring records are complete, accurate, and up to date
• Monitoring clients in medication self-administration
• Ensuring client safety and well-being
• Monitoring client behavior during social, recreational, or daily activities
• Enforcing house rules
• Scheduling, coordinating and transporting clients to appointments and maintaining the vehicle
• Collecting urine samples and administering breathalyzer
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in psychology, counseling, social work, or a related field preferred (High school diploma or equivalency required)
• Minimum 6 months of previous experience in substance abuse or mental health counseling required
• Related work experience with a program specific population (adolescent/adult) in a residential treatment setting required
• Ability to work an afternoon/evening shift.
• Ability to walk and move about the facilities for up to two hours at a time, to monitor and interact with clients.
• Ability to speak with others in order to exchange information and provide counseling.
• Ability to record, proofread and check documents and files for accuracy on a regular basis.
• Ability to use a keyboard and video display terminal to receive, retrieve, and/or audit information and data on a regular basis.
• Ability to respond to telephones, and to hear and detect alarms and unusual noises.
• Ability to drive an automobile or van; remain alert to traffic conditions, and to identify and comply with traffic signals and signs.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
Gateway Foundation values its employees and provides an inclusive and diverse work environment where dedicated employees can make a difference. We are committed to engaging and rewarding our employees in meaningful ways. For eligible employees, we provide a
Total Rewards Package that includes:
• Health Insurance - Including a wellness premium incentive opportunity
• Dental & Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off - Including 18 days of PTO and 9 paid holidays in the first year
• Catastrophic Absence Time (CAT) - Accrue up to seven days annually, to be used during an extended personal illness
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Commuter Accounts
• 403(b) Retirement Plan with company match
• Life and AD&D Insurance
• Long-Term Disability (LTD)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Gateway is a qualified employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Training & Development Programs
Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.
- Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend