||RESIDENTIAL SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR - LAKE VILLA
||Lake Villa - Adult
||As Illinois’ largest provider of substance abuse treatment, joining the team at Gateway Foundation Alcohol & Drug Treatment offers valuable experience with a variety of treatment methods as well as an opportunity to collaborate with skilled experts about
a diverse clientele. Gateway welcomes the challenge of constant improvement and is proud to uphold the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval. In addition to a competitive salary, Gateway offers employees health benefits, dental insurance, career advancement,
training and development and on-site clinical supervision to individuals pursuing certifications and licensures.
Residential Substance Abuse Counselors are responsible for:
• Preparing and facilitating group counseling sessions, educational programs, and lectures to assist clients in meeting therapeutic goals
• Conducting individual counseling to provide crises intervention, support & guidance, and address client behaviors and personal problems
• Documenting clients’ progress and responses to treatment
• Maintaining client records; ensuring records are complete, accurate, and up to date
• Monitoring clients in medication self-administration
• Ensuring client safety and well-being
• Monitoring client behavior during social, recreational, or daily activities
• Enforcing house rules
• Scheduling, coordinating and transporting clients to appointments and maintaining the vehicle
• Collecting urine samples and administering breathalyzer
• Other duties as assigned
||• Bachelor's degree in psychology, counseling, social work, or a related field preferred (High school diploma or equivalency required)
• Minimum 6 months of previous experience in substance abuse or mental health counseling required
• Related work experience with a program specific population (adolescent/adult) in a residential treatment setting required
Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females and individuals with a disability and protected veterans.
- Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend