||Director Point of Sale (POS), Payment and Integrations Development
||DineEquity corporation, franchisor or Applebee’s and IHOP restaurants is looking for a POS and Payments Applications Director to join our team at the regional corporate office in Glendale, CA
If you are a driven, motivated professional seeking a challenging and rewarding position with a fun company and great work environment, apply today!
SUMMARY: This person supervises and maintains the organization's repository of software applications and data through a best practices approach to the appropriate staffing and management of a technical team. The Director is also responsible for planning and
coordinating the processes required for the provision of user applications and systems necessary for business operations, with specific focus on the needs of franchisees and IHOP and Applebee’s restaurants. This individual will apply proven technical, communication,
project management and problem-solving skills to guide and assist business partners and system users on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide strategic, forward-looking vision when designing solutions to maintain flexibility, quality exception management and future integration opportunities.
• Lead, coach and develop a team of system specialists;
• Design, develop and maintain internal applications and reports used by the company
• Review business and technical specifications to make sure they meet the company’s requirements and IT standards
• Review business requirements for multi-functional projects, offering solutions to business needs and identifying operational inefficiencies, conflicting business practices and avoiding integration issues by suggesting alternative solutions.
• Provide functional support for all restaurant systems, applications and databases, with specific emphasis on managing and maintaining the company’s Point of Sale and payment platform and associated interfaces and reports
• Provide technology policy guidance to team members
• Collaborate with vendors, IT associates, and functional departments as necessary on assigned projects
• Work with business stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify and define development projects in support of the point of sale platform
• Ensure development objectives and project deliverables are accomplished on time
• Plan and manage development projects to include project planning, timeline and cost estimation and tracking
• Make recommendations to leadership team with regard to prioritizing projects, advising on how projects fit into overall enterprise architecture
• Maintain and foster technology vendor relationships, as appropriate in the support and management of systems
• Ensure technology standards and methodologies are documented and followed
• Perform systems analysis, write functional and detailed design specifications, and oversee work performed by software development vendors, acceptance testing, and implementation
• Able to work varying shifts, including occasional weekends and holidays or extended workdays to support business or specific project needs.
• Communicate with the leadership team, keeping stakeholders and colleagues informed on project status, risks, issues
• Responsible for product management as relates to restaurant POS (point-of-sale), Audio, and Payment systems.
• Identifies and prioritizes enhancements to be included in new releases; development of detailed specifications with assistance from team; and managing release, development, testing, and deployment (including communications strategy).
• Produces detailed timelines for each application release and implements effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release and reporting the status.
• Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
• Analyzes complex business needs presented by the user community and recommends technical solutions.
• Directs and prioritizes the work load of team.
• Execute other duties, as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
• Outstanding problem solving and organizational skills
• Must be able to oversee the design, implementation, administration, upgrade and maintenance of the point of sale application and associated databases
• Demonstrated project management expertise with the ability to successfully manage all phases of large scale projects; Able to prioritize multiple projects and allocate resources for successful completion
• Experience as a people leader and supervising manager, experienced in performance management, development and coaching
• Experience with database concepts and artifacts required, including conceptual and logical data models, data flow diagrams, and/or ETL programs/applications
• Self-motivated; Able to inspire a team, work well independently as well as with others
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate across all levels of the organization
• Ability to “think big picture” regarding the integration of systems
• Ability to translate the organizations business requirements into technological solutions
• Micros Res 3700 and/or Simphony experience highly desired
• Awareness and understanding of emerging technologies
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options
• Must possess a highly-developed sense of customer service and interpersonal skills including high integrity, respect for all individuals (franchisees, vendors, and team members), solid communication skills, strong critical and analytical thinking skills,
• Must be a strong team player and possess an understanding of field operations, multi-site operations, profit and loss capability, sales and marketing functions.
• Experience in the most current technologies and products used in the industry.
• Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
• Experience in controlling information technology budget.
• Familiar with modern software development and standard project management techniques and principles.
• Solid organizational and problem solving skills, strong leadership and team building.
• Exceptional communication skills (written and oral), being positive and proactive, detail orientated and a self-starter.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Passionate, persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, franchisees, and other departments.
• Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
• Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
||• Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required.
• Ten (10) or more years of progressive experience in information services developing, implementing, operating, maintaining, POS, payment systems, cloud, data warehousing, web development technologies and applications; preferred experience managing a Point
of Sale system within a multi-unit, retail environment
• Proven experience as IT Director or similar role.
• 5-7 or more years of experience managing Data / Systems Integration with ETL Processes
• 5-7 or more years of management or supervisory experience is required.
• Significant relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience may also be accepted in lieu of specific required elements
||Real Life - Benefits For You
Along with an inclusive environment and great advancement opportunities, we offer a banquet of benefits that will protect your health, ensure your future and provide the tools you need to succeed at work and in life.
• Competitive Pay
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for you and your family
• Disability Coverage
• Coverage for Domestic Partner
• Flexible Dependent and Health Spending Accounts
• 401(k) Savings Plan with company matching contributions
• Paid Time Off - vacation, sick and personal days
• Employee Assistance Program - for help with life's challenges and planning for your future
||DineEquity was created from a foundation established by IHOP—an American icon to our guests and a franchising company providing strategic, visionary leadership for our franchisees, unparalleled opportunities for our team members, and enhancing value for
our shareholders. By bringing Applebee's together with IHOP in 2007, we made a bold, new commitment to our brand-revitalization abilities, to the power of franchising, and made our two businesses more successful than either brand could have been apart.
Who are we?
We are a global leader and envision a future where DineEquity is the world’s leading restaurant company of iconic brands. We are innovators, always trying to deliver a better guest experience and take accountability for our actions. We are committed to the
highest ethical standards and build trust through honest, open communication. We foster a nimble, collaborative and creative environment. Our team members embrace these values and see how our actions affect our franchisees, our brands, and in the communities
||DineEquity strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, physical disability, mental
disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
||Send This Job to a Friend