||Sr. Scientist, QA
||Product Scientist, Quality Assurance
Executes key quality and safety initiatives. Assists in providing technical expertise in developing specifications, complaint investigation, maintaining quality of existing products, and product improvement. Assists in brand protection by ensuring that food
quality and safety standards are maintained throughout the supply chain.
• Ensures all new products are acceptable (food safety and food quality) for testing and/or launch.
• Assists with the approval of new and/or alternate suppliers of food products with respect to food safety, quality attributes and product consistency.
• Assists with alternate sourcing projects including preparation of specifications, and communication to internal clients of approval/disapproval of products.
• Assists with sensory testing, process modification, specification alignment and/or development efforts as required to develop supply source.
• Assists with ongoing QA efforts against multiple food supply category to include supplier communication, product auditing, continuous improvement initiatives, product optimization and/or alignment, new product development and product complaint resolution.
• Assists with cross functional projects designed to ensure food safety or improve food quality.
• Follows company policies, upholds professional standards, and performs all work in a manner respectful of others.
||Skills and Requirements
• 3-5 years experience in manufacturing or a chain QSR/CDR concept.
• Experience in protein or dairy categories is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline including food science, microbiology, chemistry, nutrition, or biology.
• Working knowledge of quality systems – GMPs, HACCP, auditing and specification writing.
• Training or certification in areas of HACCP, GMPs and food facility sanitation.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including: Excel, Outlook, Work and PowerPoint.
• Working knowledge of HACCP, auditing principles, process control.
• Proficiency in food testing protocols, methodologies and microbiological issues in food.
• Experienced in specification development and implementation.
• Ability to multi – task in a fast paced environment.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
||Real Life - Benefits For You
Along with an inclusive environment and great advancement opportunities, we offer a banquet of benefits that will protect your health, ensure your future and provide the tools you need to succeed at work and in life.
· Competitive Pay
· Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for you and your family
· Disability Coverage
· Coverage for Domestic Partner
· Flexible Dependent and Health Spending Accounts
· 401(k) Savings Plan with company matching contributions
· Paid Time Off - vacation, sick and personal days
· Employee Assistance Program - for help with life's challenges and planning for your future
||Your opportunity to support two of America's favorite restaurants has arrived! As the parent company of IHOP and Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar®, DineEquity, Inc. is the world's largest full-service restaurant company. But while big is good, our focus
is on being the best!
DineEquity unites great franchisees, brands and team members to create the world’s leading restaurant company, one guest experience at a time.
Our commitment to leadership in our industry and the continued success of our brands means we recruit only the best. If you seek a company committed to employee satisfaction and continuous improvement, DineEquity, Inc. is the choice for you.
||We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to inclusion in the workplace.
We offer reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. If you have a disability and
require assistance in this application process, please contact our Guest Support at 1.888.592.7753.
The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are at least 40 years of age.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire.
We participate in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system operated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, in partnership with the Social Security Administration, that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility
of their newly hired employees.
||Send This Job to a Friend