||Executive Director, Taxation
||Executive Director, Taxation
Direct and manage the enterprise-wide tax function. Ensure compliance with all tax requirements (Federal, State, Local and International) across all brands and business units. Proactively create and execute strategies to reduce tax exposure and risk
The role has four main components:
• Develop, implement and manage the enterprise-wide tax strategy
• Compliance with domestic and international requirements .Oversight of financial accounting tax provisions
• Develop and manage tax department; create and enhance a positive work environment focused on client services, accuracy, efficiency and professional development
• Ensure enterprise-wide tax requirements are timely and accurate. This includes income and property and sales tax matters in both domestic and international environments
• Proactively manage financial statement income tax expense
• Maintain compliance with FAS 109 and FIN 48 tax accounting issues and ensure full compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
• Facilitate tax audits and negotiations with taxing authorities
• Provide expert level tax guidance for potential acquisitions including debt and capital structure options and opportunities
• Proactively create, implement and communicate strategies to reduce tax payments
• Build and maintain Executive, Board of Director and other external partnerships as appropriate across the organization and the industry.
• Supervise others with various risk management responsibilities.
• Demonstrate the company values in all tasks, interactions and relationships across the enterprise.
Ideal Candidate Profile
• Outstanding team leadership skills with a proven record of successfully leading a team of professionals
• Sophisticated analytical, negotiation, and deal-making skills with capacity for managing complexity
• Strong business and financial acumen with ability to balance execution and innovative requirements of the position
• Proven expertise in building consensus and positively influencing stakeholders in a multi-unit enterprise
• A reputation as a leader who establishes mutual trust with associates, senior executives, and peers emphasizing integrity, honesty, and high professional standards
• Outstanding project and planning capabilities demonstrated in complex, fast paced, and competitive environments
• Strong detail orientation, work ethic and a passion for accomplishing challenging goals
• A diplomatic and disciplined work style, believing and practicing open and honest dialogue
Multi-location, restaurant and franchise related, public company tax management, including
Tax audits and provisions, compliance and related process management
SOX, FAS 109 and FIN 48 expertise
Integrity and Trust
Managing Vision & Purpose
• Tax managers (3)
• Individual Contributor Professionals (Multiple)
Key business partner relationships:
• DineEquity Executive Team
• Brand Finance Leadership
• Executive Director, Internal Audit
• Compliance/Securities Attorney
• Accounting Leadership
||Specific Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting and Masters of Taxation
• Licensed CPA designation
• Requires a minimum of fifteen years successful, Director-level or above tax management experience within a multi-location, multi-business unit, public company environment
• Prior experience managing tax matters in a retail/restaurant/hospitality franchise environment preferred
• Proven experience with analysis, implementation, and maintenance of international tax structures and related issues.
• Proven leadership skills in managing and developing teams.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including demonstrated experience developing effective relationships at the most senior level of a publicly held company
Real Life - Benefits For You
Along with an inclusive environment and great advancement opportunities, we offer a banquet of benefits that will protect your health, ensure your future and provide the tools you need to succeed at work and in life.
• Competitive Pay
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for you and your family
• Disability Coverage
• Coverage for Domestic Partner
• Flexible Dependent and Health Spending Accounts
• 401(k) Savings Plan with company matching contributions
• Paid Time Off - vacation, sick and personal days
• Employee Assistance Program - for help with life's challenges and planning for your future
||Your opportunity to support two of America's favorite restaurants has arrived! As the parent company of IHOP and Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar®, DineEquity, Inc. is the world's largest full-service restaurant company. But while big is good, our focus
is on being the best!
DineEquity unites great franchisees, brands and team members to create the world’s leading restaurant company, one guest experience at a time.
Our commitment to leadership in our industry and the continued success of our brands means we recruit only the best. If you seek a company committed to employee satisfaction and continuous improvement, DineEquity, Inc. is the choice for you.
||We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to inclusion in the workplace.
We offer reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. If you have a disability and
require assistance in this application process, please contact our Guest Support at 1.888.592.7753.
The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are at least 40 years of age.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire.
We participate in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system operated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, in partnership with the Social Security Administration, that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility
of their newly hired employees.
||Send This Job to a Friend