||Software Engineer-Point of Sale
||This position is responsible for keeping up to date and developing changes, or upgrades, to existing technology. This position will have advanced knowledge of existing technology and act as an advisor for best practices as it relates to development, implementation
and integration activities.
This person, working with the team, is also responsible for escalation, documentation, training, knowledge transfer and support of the DineEquity Systems Implementation team and other teams, including the DineEquity helpdesk.
This position will require working with third party vendors, as they relate to the support of DineEquity brand restaurants. This includes MICROS, package deployment, payment processing, various Gift Card (SVS) and credit card processors and others.
Key Position Accountabilities
• Designs, codes, tests, documents and implements functionally appropriate, technically sound application systems.
• Prepares detailed specifications from which systems of programming requirements will be written.
• Crystal report development, scripting and SQL Development desired
• Maintains and modifies existing applications.
• Performs software and system testing procedures, debugs, verifies and releases testing and beta support.
• Identifies and defines problems, analyzes requirements, evaluates alternatives and makes recommendations to ensure that information systems meet business objectives.
• Follows established project methodology to plan, design, develop, and deliver projects.
• Provides support to project managers to ensure the development of quality deliverables are properly planned and delivered.
• Follows company policies, upholds professional standards, and performs all work in a manner respectful of others.
• Develops integration, deployment, and automation software tools to maximize efficiency and productivity.
• Possesses a disciplined approach towards standardization and leveraging existing functionality wherever practicable.
• Provides successful resolutions for technical problems of varying complexities by effectively identifying and defining problems, analyzing requirements, evaluating alternatives, and making sound decisions to ensure the Information Systems meet the business
• Excellent communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with business leaders
• Follows, adheres to and promotes Change Control process disciplines.
• Performs other responsibilities as needed.
• Participates in special projects as required. Attends related project meetings.
• Manages tasks, scope, and requirements to meet agreed-upon schedules.
• Adjusts appropriately to unpredictable and shifting priorities/requirements and resets timelines/deliverables to ensure expectations remain aligned.
• Monitors own work, exchanges and shares information and provides timely updates to manager on progress. Provides input on upcoming tasks and the task importance/severity to the project and its impact on current workload(s) of self and others involved.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, socialized and stored appropriately.
• Timely, accurate status reporting, factoring risks, “unknowns” in estimates and scheduling of tasks.
• Has in-depth knowledge of business unit processes and requirements.
• Effectively identify and define problems, analyze requirements, evaluate alternatives, and make sound decisions to ensure information systems meet the business objectives. Can quickly and accurately assess problems and provide solution based on experience
and insight into situation base on self-initiation.
• Understands Operational requirements necessary to drive business unit specific initiatives and provides input for forecasting and planning initiatives.
Communication and Leadership
• Demonstrates commitment to Organizational goals.
• Participates in business unit meetings and IT department meetings.
• Effectively communicates relevant project information to team leads and manager.
• Effectively communicates plans/proposals and activities by utilizing appropriate interpersonal and communication skills. Can effectively communicate plans, issues, and other relevant project status to manager and key stakeholders.
• Solicits support and commitment from appropriate parties at peer to management levels and across organizational boundaries.
• Promotes collaboration and teamwork by resolving any differences through focusing on business needs and developing solutions that benefit the organization.
• Effectively communicates plans and activities and develop mutually beneficial working relationships with customer, vendor, and department personnel by utilizing appropriate interpersonal and communication skills.
• Provide Level 4 escalation support in problem solving and troubleshooting for DineEquity Restaurant applications with a high degree of focus on POS systems and related applications.
• Review and log all activity on escalated support issues daily in help desk software (escalation queues) while driving closure to all open escalations.
• Develops strategies and rollout plans for successful execution and support of all Restaurant Point of Sale software, supporting java applications, hardware upgrades and new POS initiatives.
• Works with external and internal helpdesks and vendors in knowledge (sharing) transfer retaining documented solutions for recurring issues.
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant restaurant hardware and software applications as assigned and train restaurant technicians and support vendors.
• Apply diagnostic and analysis techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions and update knowledgebase as needed.
• Collaborates with the restaurants, franchisee owners, and operators for effective change management related to systems support.
• Understands customer needs and concerns and responds accordingly with management and/or FBC to effectively respond to customer needs.
• Sets and manages customer expectations as it relates to support of their systems.
• Communicates effectively with management, stakeholders and customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
||Education, Training & Certification
• Advanced knowledge of Point of Sale Systems (Micros, Aloha, Squirrel, etc. preferred)
• Experience developing and supporting Java based applications.
• Preference given to candidates with Java development and relational database experience.
Experience in Similar Role or Function
• 4 to 6 years of progressive Application Development, Integration, Deployment and Support positions.
• 4 to 6 years planning, developing and deploying new systems and systems integration initiatives for varied systems.
• 5 to 7 years in a progressive role on Java Application Development teams (preferred)
• 5 to 7 years’ experience developing and implementing integration with downstream systems as they relate to the point of sale data.
• 3 to 5 years of Restaurant and/or franchising experience (preferred)
• Back Office Systems (Food, Labor, Cash Mgmt)
• POS Enterprise Management
• Advanced Network troubleshooting
• Demonstrated and applied understanding of firewall setup and policy configuration
• Advanced Hardware Troubleshooting
||Real Life - Benefits For You
Along with an inclusive environment and great advancement opportunities, we offer a banquet of benefits that will protect your health, ensure your future and provide the tools you need to succeed at work and in life.
· Competitive Pay
· Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for you and your family
· Disability Coverage
· Coverage for Domestic Partner
· Flexible Dependent and Health Spending Accounts
· 401(k) Savings Plan with company matching contributions
· Paid Time Off - vacation, sick and personal days
· Employee Assistance Program - for help with life's challenges and planning for your future
||DineEquity was created from a foundation established by IHOP—an American icon to our guests and a franchising company providing strategic, visionary leadership for our franchisees, unparalleled opportunities for our team members, and enhancing value for
our shareholders. By bringing Applebee's together with IHOP in 2007, we made a bold, new commitment to our brand-revitalization abilities, to the power of franchising, and made our two businesses more successful than either brand could have been apart.
Who are we?
We are a global leader and envision a future where DineEquity is the world’s leading restaurant company of iconic brands. We are innovators, always trying to deliver a better guest experience and take accountability for our actions. We are committed to the
highest ethical standards and build trust through honest, open communication. We foster a nimble, collaborative and creative environment. Our team members embrace these values and see how our actions affect our franchisees, our brands, and in the communities
||DineEquity strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, physical disability, mental
disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
||Send This Job to a Friend