||International House of Pancakes, LLC.
||Franchise Business Consultant
||The Franchise Business Consultant (FBC) serves as the primary link between IHOP, Inc. and the franchise community with broad accountability to each constituency. The FBC applies leadership, influence, and functional expertise to create meaningful, productive
partnerships with each assigned franchise point of contact. Through these partnerships, the FBC will provide advice, counsel, coaching, and assistance to the franchise owners/operators to impact and improve the sales, profits, and operating standards of the
business. The FBC will leverage relationships to ensure achievement of the short and long-term goals of the Company and its Shareholders. The FBC must develop and maintain a strong sense of ownership of the assigned territory and provide leadership to and
constant protection of the IHOP Brand.
• Partner with the franchisee to diagnose barriers which affect performance and assist with developing business plans to maximize improvement (operations, marketing, training, human resources, etc)
• Collect and maintain an active working knowledge of the key business metrics for their assigned franchisees portfolio of restaurants and use these metrics to analyze issues and opportunities for each restaurant and the franchisee’s business as a whole.
• Ensure franchisee compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures, Operations Assessment Report and Mystery Shop standards and develop corrective action plans, milestones and timetables where appropriate
• Remain actively involved with any restaurant/organization that routinely delivers a customer experience inconsistent with the IHOP vision, supporting the definition and execution of a work plan to improve and ensure steady progress toward compliance
• Assist franchisee with assessing talent and bench strength at all levels to achieve short and long term business needs
• Assist franchisees with developing and maintaining a capital plan sufficient to meet all development and remodel obligations
• Serve as franchisee representative and advocate with restaurant support center points of contact and IHOP management
• Employ effective interpersonal and negotiation skills to effectively drive business objectives and manage change
• Fully understand the purpose and benefits of new programs and decisions in order to effectively influence franchisees and obtain requisite buy-in; provide feedback when programs or communication are inadequate
• Actively share, and assist franchisees in adopting best practices.
• Minimum of 5+ years in a field operations-oriented leadership role within the food service industry or comparable multi-unit retail industry
• Servsafe or similarly approved training or any other state required compliance training, if applicable
• Proven ability to deliver results, effectively influencing decisions through strong negotiation skills
• Demonstrated ability and experience to consult with and influence business owners. Advanced knowledge of consultative approaches and experience guiding leaders to make better business decisions
• Ability to plan and set priorities to achieve business objectives
• Outstanding accountability and focus skills
• Strong business acumen skills (basic financial skills, use of competitive data, etc.)
• Ability to communicate and present effectively to various audiences
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Basic Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
• Preference given to candidates that currently reside in: Raleigh, NC Charlotte NC Norfolk, VA
There is no Relocation available at this time
||Real Life - Benefits For You
Along with an inclusive environment and great advancement opportunities, we offer a banquet of benefits that will protect your health, ensure your future and provide the tools you need to succeed at work and in life.
• Competitive Pay
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for you and your family
• Disability Coverage
• Coverage for Domestic Partner
• Flexible Dependent and Health Spending Accounts
• 401(k) Savings Plan with company matching contributions
• Paid Time Off - vacation, sick and personal days
• Employee Assistance Program - for help with life's challenges and planning for your future
||Your opportunity to support two of America's favorite restaurants has arrived! As the parent company of IHOP and Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar®, DineEquity, Inc. is the world's largest full-service restaurant company. But while big is good, our focus
is on being the best!
DineEquity unites great franchisees, brands and team members to create the world’s leading restaurant company, one guest experience at a time.
Our commitment to leadership in our industry and the continued success of our brands means we recruit only the best. If you seek a company committed to employee satisfaction and continuous improvement, DineEquity, Inc. is the choice for you.
||We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to inclusion in the workplace.
We offer reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. If you have a disability and
require assistance in this application process, please contact our Guest Support at 1.888.592.7753.
The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are at least 40 years of age.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire.
We participate in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system operated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, in partnership with the Social Security Administration, that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility
of their newly hired employees.
||Send This Job to a Friend