||Applebee's Services, Inc.
||Franchise Operations Director
||New York City
||Purpose of Role
Represents and executes on the brand strategy business objectives, tactical initiatives, and activities to the franchise system. Collaborate with franchisees as a business partner and consultant, which creates an environment of cooperation and partnership among
franchisees. Serve as a resource to franchisee and their team. Promote adoption of company programs/initiatives, partner at Sr. Operations Level with franchisee while impacting multi-unit operations. Make balance decisions by thinking equally of guests, restaurant
teams, shareholders and franchisees. Ensure decisions benefit Brand and Franchisees and apply consistently across all franchisees. Effectively challenge Franchisee behaviors, actions, and tactics when and wherever appropriate. Serve as a Brand Standards Execution
Coach and train to execute flawless brand standards consistently.
Provide support, consultation, analytical insight and assessment to assigned franchise organization(s) and restaurants to build profitable sales, grow guest traffic, and consistently meet Brand standards which promote a strong, healthy, and profitable business.
Additionally, provides operational assessment to validate that brand standards are consistently being met to protect brand standards and reputation.
Provide timely communication to the company in the event of critical incidents or issues or trends with a franchisee. Understand and ensure compliance of the Franchise Agreement and the Development Agreement. Analyze ongoing plans and recommend adjustments
to obtain strong business results.
Understand ROI on tests and initiatives (Franchisor and Franchisee perspectives), Coach Franchisees on building self-sufficient operations: people, processes and systems. Provide solution-based coaching & consulting to franchisees. Understand and articulate
industry and market trends. Facilitate successful new restaurant openings. Drive same restaurant sales and traffic growth, profitably.
1. Acts as liaison between the company and the franchisee to leverage resources, promote best practices and align business objectives.
2. Influences behaviors and actions.
3. Provides consultation to continuously improve operational effectiveness, guest satisfaction, sales, traffic, and profitability, driven by analytics to brand standards, market and DMA opportunities.
4. Conducts operational assessments.
5. Utilizes reporting and tracking tools to analyze results, identify trends and provide analysis and recommendations to franchisees that protect brand standards and or drive sales, traffic and profit.
6. Own effective communication and messaging.
7. Provides support to franchisees to ensure successful new restaurant openings and restaurant revitalizations.
8. Monitor and know competition within your markets.
9. Achieves targeted sales and traffic growth for assigned franchise restaurants.
10. Building strong relationships with franchisees based on candor, trust and results-orientation to promote franchise satisfaction.
11. Assists and validates successful rollout and integration of system-wide programs and initiatives.
12. Provides timely, constructive feedback for performance improvement. Recognizes and celebrate franchisee’s accomplishments and contributions.
13. Documents and reports critical incidents and franchise issues.
14. Follows company policies, upholds professional standards, and performs all work in a manner respectful of others. Role models company values and core competencies.
15. Provides regular leadership on cross-functional projects with system impact. Provides leadership and business solutions at a strategic level for assigned franchise group(s).
16. Influences franchise principals and Senior Operators
||DineEquity was created from a foundation established by IHOP—an American icon to our guests and a franchising company providing strategic, visionary leadership for our franchisees, unparalleled opportunities for our team members, and enhancing value for
our shareholders. By bringing Applebee's together with IHOP in 2007, we made a bold, new commitment to our brand-revitalization abilities, to the power of franchising, and made our two businesses more successful than either brand could have been apart.
Who are we?
We are a global leader and envision a future where DineEquity is the world’s leading restaurant company of iconic brands. We are innovators, always trying to deliver a better guest experience and take accountability for our actions. We are committed to the
highest ethical standards and build trust through honest, open communication. We foster a nimble, collaborative and creative environment. Our team members embrace these values and see how our actions affect our franchisees, our brands, and in the communities
||EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
DineEquity strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, physical disability, mental disability,
medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities,
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. DineEquity reserves the right to add, modify, or rescind the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of job positions at any time. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment
and does not change the at-will employment relationship existing between DineEquity and its employees.
DineEquity recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. DineEquity may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment
agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
||Send This Job to a Friend