||Applebee's Services, Inc.
||Sr. Analyst, Operations
||Reporting to the operations team responsible for developing and maintaining a repeatable Market Assessment process to assist in identifying individual restaurant and/or franchisee operating performance.
Conducts timely and accurate business analysis and development of reports to assist the operations team. Provides quantitative and technical expertise to assigned business units/leaders and franchisees to ensure that all relevant operational and financial data
are available to support business decisions.
Maintain and manage system database, develop reports for individual operation, franchise and company-wide operational performance including challenges related to restaurant management. Contributes to the overall financial, operational and guest satisfaction
goals of the organization by reporting both individual and systemic issues that affect these goals.
Manage individual and franchisee operations scorecards, provide analysis and insight on Restaurant and Franchisee performance objectives compared to company targets.
Conduct critical data analysis, clearly articulate findings, and concisely present recommendations to Operations management team.
• Partner cross-functionally with multiple departments to provide quantitative decision support for various initiatives.
• Projects incorporate working with large quantities of data and developing meaningful analysis complete with “why” results occurred and providing recommendations for future action. This requires identifying what are the knowable facts and what assumptions
need to be made. Both internal and industry data are leveraged. Data and assumptions are then logically combined to construct analysis.
Essential Skills & Background
• MBA or Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, or related discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
• 4-6 years of experience in business analysis, financial analysis, management consulting, or a related role that involved analyzing large data sets to draw out actionable insights.
• Familiarity with business intelligence software (e.g. MicroStrategy, Tableau, SQL) and/or statistical software (e.g. R, SAS).
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of basic statistical concepts.
• Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to meet established deadlines. Ability to adapt in a dynamic environment where tight deadlines and changing priorities are not uncommon.
Preferred Skills & Background
• Experience building dashboards using a business intelligence tool.
• Working knowledge of restaurant operations and key performance indicators
Experience designing and analyzing tests that involve pre-post outcomes and control groups.
||DineEquity was created from a foundation established by IHOP—an American icon to our guests and a franchising company providing strategic, visionary leadership for our franchisees, unparalleled opportunities for our team members, and enhancing value for
our shareholders. By bringing Applebee's together with IHOP in 2007, we made a bold, new commitment to our brand-revitalization abilities, to the power of franchising, and made our two businesses more successful than either brand could have been apart.
Who are we?
We are a global leader and envision a future where DineEquity is the world’s leading restaurant company of iconic brands. We are innovators, always trying to deliver a better guest experience and take accountability for our actions. We are committed to the
highest ethical standards and build trust through honest, open communication. We foster a nimble, collaborative and creative environment. Our team members embrace these values and see how our actions affect our franchisees, our brands, and in the communities
||EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
DineEquity strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, physical disability, mental disability,
medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities,
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. DineEquity reserves the right to add, modify, or rescind the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of job positions at any time. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment
and does not change the at-will employment relationship existing between DineEquity and its employees.
DineEquity recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. DineEquity may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment
agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
||Send This Job to a Friend