||Manager, Consumer Insights
||Manager, Consumer Insights
Designs, manages and analyzes assigned research initiatives.
Conducts qualitative and quantitative research to obtain consumer insights to assist in developing strategies that improve guest services, operational excellence, asset development, sales, and profitability.
• Develops and executes the research work plan.
• Designs, manages and analyzes marketing, operations, and guest services research activities.
• Leads and oversees all aspects of the company’s research studies, including project management, analysis, and insights.
• Performs other responsibilities as needed.
• Follows company policies, upholds professional standards, and performs all work in a manner respectful of others.
• Supports the brand liaisons of Applebee’s and IHOP within the Consumer Insights team reporting to the Director of Consumer Insights. Interfaces directly with franchisee operators, asset development team, operations, HR and technology team bringing subject
matter expertise by research type.
• Investigates and recommends best-in-class research methodology and process protocols.
• Acts as the consumer insights team leader within the business units, overseeing insights derived from primary and secondary research initiatives.
• Manages all aspects of marketing research studies to assist in making critical business decisions.
• Leads the development and execution of research related work plans and outlines
• Designs survey/moderator’s guides, collects and analyzes data, presents findings and makes recommendations based on sound business reasoning.
• Leads and participates with research vendors on all facets of contracted studies.
• Performs both qualitative and quantitative customer research.
• Partners with Business Analytics’ team to undercover drivers and sales impact given new guest or operational programs.
• Successful candidates will have some shopper/retail insight experience.
||Skills and Requirements
• MBA or Master’s Degree in Marketing Research preferred
• Restaurant or Hospitality/Hotel experience preferred
• 5-8 years qualitative and quantitative marketing research experience on the client side; additional supplier-side experience or marketing science emphasis a plus
• Excellent project management skills; ability to identify and manage highly complex projects based on strategic priorities of the business unit and organization
||Real Life - Benefits For You
Along with an inclusive environment and great advancement opportunities, we offer a banquet of benefits that will protect your health, ensure your future and provide the tools you need to succeed at work and in life.
• Competitive Pay
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for you and your family
• Disability Coverage
• Coverage for Domestic Partner
• Flexible Dependent and Health Spending Accounts
• 401(k) Savings Plan with company matching contributions
• Paid Time Off - vacation, sick and personal days
• Employee Assistance Program - for help with life's challenges and planning for your future
||DineEquity was created from a foundation established by IHOP—an American icon to our guests and a franchising company providing strategic, visionary leadership for our franchisees, unparalleled opportunities for our team members, and enhancing value for
our shareholders. By bringing Applebee's together with IHOP in 2007, we made a bold, new commitment to our brand-revitalization abilities, to the power of franchising, and made our two businesses more successful than either brand could have been apart.
Who are we?
We are a global leader and envision a future where DineEquity is the world’s leading restaurant company of iconic brands. We are innovators, always trying to deliver a better guest experience and take accountability for our actions. We are committed to the
highest ethical standards and build trust through honest, open communication. We foster a nimble, collaborative and creative environment. Our team members embrace these values and see how our actions affect our franchisees, our brands, and in the communities
||DineEquity strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, physical disability, mental
disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities,
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. DineEquity reserves the right to add, modify, or rescind the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of job positions at any time. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment
and does not change the at-will employment relationship existing between DineEquity and its employees.
DineEquity recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. DineEquity may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment
agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms
||Send This Job to a Friend