||Senior Manager, Architecture & Design
||The Sr. Manager, Architecture & Design will possess a strong architectural skill set and understanding of issues related to facility design/prototype plan management/scope development and RFI’s with a brand building focus. This person will also possess
a strong design skill set and understanding of issues related to Retail/Interior/Environmental/Architectural design within a diverse, holistic design perspective. This position contributes to DineEquity’ s success by creating outstanding design solutions that
support the vision of a cross-functional team to deliver a successful, branded customer experience and meet design, cost, schedule, and operational requirements. The Sr. Manager, Architecture & Design will contribute to the sustainability of the current restaurant
imagery and the growth of new channels through design enhancements as well as the creation of new restaurant concepts and the integration of new strategic initiatives that will come to life within the restaurant environment.
• Development of building plans, specifications and scopes of work to put together a full set of documents necessary to build a IHOP/Applebee’s traditional or non-traditional asset
• Create conceptual designs for new and existing restaurants and contributes to the execution process with established deliverables that help to communicate the design direction to execution partners
• Partner with Exec. Director Arch. & Design to ensure that design objectives and success criteria for designs are established including best practices and fallback designs
• Development & support of development tools (cost models, baselines, equipment models etc.)
• Integrate concepts from varied disciplines within the organization that come to life within the restaurant environment
• Advocate and understanding of local regions to support local relevance and design adaptations
• Connection point between Design team and Global partners
• Post-audit of regional design ethos and adaptation in support of best practices
• Participate in Know how building, travel as needed for project execution and support
• Review and approve site-specific design adaptations and make recommendations for optimized improvement, including design elements, return on investment, layout and operational functionality
• Work directly with franchise organizations and consulting firms of franchise organizations to ensure appropriate local adaptations are made while embracing the critical design principles
• Develop and support internal / external communications and presentations through the development of imagery and copy
• Develop and maintain design guide integrating best practices of material sourcing, pricing and procurement
• Support site-specific post-audit process in partnership with local business units to ensure consistent execution of brand standards
• Stay up to speed on design trends in the field and in touch with the Restaurant, Retail, Branding and Entertainment markets
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams and other key stakeholders to meet project objectives
||Skills & Requirements:
• BFA or BS in Architecture & Design or Environmental Design
• Architecture & Design experience in Restaurant / Hospitality / Entertainment design or combination of brand and retail design (7-10 years)
• Experience in managing consultants and various architectural/design agency partners
• Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
• Ability to collaborate with and support others… Team Player
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines
• Knowledge and ability to articulate creative development processes
• Drawing/ sketching, ability to communicate ideas in drawing form is a must
• Digital skills / ability to communicate using AutoCAD software or Revit, PowerPoint, sketch –up, Photoshop, Illustrator, sketch-up
• Knowledge of color theory and ability to coordinate and assemble color and material selections
• Knowledge of restaurant functionality front of house lay out back of house equipment integration and adaptation
||Real Life - Benefits For You
Along with an inclusive environment and great advancement opportunities, we offer a banquet of benefits that will protect your health, ensure your future and provide the tools you need to succeed at work and in life.
· Competitive Pay
· Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for you and your family
· Disability Coverage
· Coverage for Domestic Partner
· Flexible Dependent and Health Spending Accounts
· 401(k) Savings Plan with company matching contributions
· Paid Time Off - vacation, sick and personal days
· Employee Assistance Program - for help with life's challenges and planning for your future
||DineEquity was created from a foundation established by IHOP—an American icon to our guests and a franchising company providing strategic, visionary leadership for our franchisees, unparalleled opportunities for our team members, and enhancing value for
our shareholders. By bringing Applebee's together with IHOP in 2007, we made a bold, new commitment to our brand-revitalization abilities, to the power of franchising, and made our two businesses more successful than either brand could have been apart.
Who are we?
We are a global leader and envision a future where DineEquity is the world’s leading restaurant company of iconic brands. We are innovators, always trying to deliver a better guest experience and take accountability for our actions. We are committed to the
highest ethical standards and build trust through honest, open communication. We foster a nimble, collaborative and creative environment. Our team members embrace these values and see how our actions affect our franchisees, our brands, and in the communities
||EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
DineEquity strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, physical disability, mental disability,
medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities,
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. DineEquity reserves the right to add, modify, or rescind the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of job positions at any time. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment
and does not change the at-will employment relationship existing between DineEquity and its employees.
DineEquity recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. DineEquity may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment
agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
||Send This Job to a Friend