||The Director, IT Business Technology must be a hands-on leader and is responsible for organizing, driving, coordinating and creating the framework for successful execution and development of IT strategy and Business technology for IHOP, Applebee’s, our
international business, and shared service. They will lead and direct the activities of the technology team aligned with each Business Unit and across the enterprise to develop the overall and detailed technology strategy in concert with their IT peers. The
Director will partner with other business units, corporate and finance on planning and securing investment funding from the annual capital plan. They are responsible for ensuring consistency and standardization (where appropriate) of the IT Strategy across
brands and business areas, along with alignment with overall DineEquity and brand business strategy. This is a critical role within IT in developing and driving the IT strategy, driving governance and delivery, and creating innovation among the business for
the success of the business.
People or Process Management Responsibility: responsible for IT strategy and planning for Business technology.
Position Responsibilities May Include, But Not Limited To
• Responsible for aligning technology strategy with DineEquity and brand business strategy and objectives, working principally with senior business leadership within the brands and Corporate, CIO, and IT leadership team.
• Partner with the functional groups within the IT organization to communicate and clarify high-level business needs.
• Lead and contribute to development of long-range technology solutions roadmap, and ensure products and services are aligned with business needs and all technology solutions are aligned with the DineEquity business strategy multi-year investment/capital plans
and asset creation.
• Proactively identify opportunities to apply technologies to business processes while demonstrating an understanding of business problems, as well as IT strategies, issues, and priorities.
• Must be a strategic enabler! Provide strategic analysis and critical thinking to strategies aligned with corporate objectives in defining or designing business processes and researching and identifying enabling technologies based on customer and business
• Actively seek ways to apply technology to business processes, researching and providing information on technical trends and competitors' practices relevant to DineEquity and its brands’ business.
• Assess near-term needs, establish business priorities; consult with technical subject matter experts and develop alternative technical solutions; advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
• Develop technology framework and partner with Architecture team members in creating technology roadmaps.
• Facilitate development of cross-line of business solutions that combine knowledge of particular business processes and issues, general technological options, and process facilitation techniques.
• Work closely with Financial and Project Management teams in the IT teams to prioritize business cases, projects, outline investment criteria, debate investment priority and align technology directions.
• Create and dynamically update overall IT Strategy in alignment with DineEquity Business Strategy.
• Work with CIO and IT leadership to document individual application and infrastructure strategies, future state capabilities and industry directions.
• Design and implement in cooperation with Finance a flexible investment and capital plan forecast to support IT strategy and multi-year implementation approach.
• Drive alignment with IT and Business units to ensure compliance with current and future business direction and strategy
• Assist with development of future state application and infrastructure architecture vision in alignment with Architecture team members.
• Support CIO as needed with strategic presentations and internal/external technology communications.
• Work with IT PMO to support overall IT Governance process and provide insight into capacity, supply/demand balance and optimal sequencing of portfolio programs.
• Responsible for communication of progress of work to senior IT and Business leadership.
||• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration (or like discipline), or equivalent on-the-job experience
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a business-facing technical role, including significant collaborating with teams working on complex projects and solutions, with demonstrated leadership capabilities
• Significant experience in developing and leading the critical thinking and creation of IT strategy framework, with proven ability to drive governance and create innovation in IT portfolio (both within application development and infrastructure) for the success
of the business
• Proven ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations and willingness to try different and novel ways to deal with business problems and opportunities
||DineEquity was created from a foundation established by IHOP—an American icon to our guests and a franchising company providing strategic, visionary leadership for our franchisees, unparalleled opportunities for our team members, and enhancing value for
our shareholders. By bringing Applebee's together with IHOP in 2007, we made a bold, new commitment to our brand-revitalization abilities, to the power of franchising, and made our two businesses more successful than either brand could have been apart.
Who are we?
We are a global leader and envision a future where DineEquity is the world’s leading restaurant company of iconic brands. We are innovators, always trying to deliver a better guest experience and take accountability for our actions. We are committed to the
highest ethical standards and build trust through honest, open communication. We foster a nimble, collaborative and creative environment. Our team members embrace these values and see how our actions affect our franchisees, our brands, and in the communities
||DineEquity strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, physical disability, mental
disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
||Send This Job to a Friend