||DineEquity, Inc. has an immediate opening for an exceptional attorney to serve as Transactional Counsel. This attorney’s primary responsibilities will include (1) broad-based transactional work, including counseling internal clients on structuring of deals
and negotiations; (2) drafting, reviewing and revising a large volume of agreements of all types, including master service agreements, non-disclosure agreements, independent contractor agreements, consulting agreements, marketing agreements and other vendor
agreements; (3) provide support as necessary to other functions in the legal department including franchising, marketing, technology, compliance, and international; and (5) provide strategic and practical advice to internal clients at all levels, including
top level executives at both brands and DineEquity.
||• 4 to 10 years of broad-based transactional experience in a law firm and/or corporation
• J.D. from an accredited top tier law school
• Experienced in a wide-range of corporate transactional matters
• Excellent drafting skills and attention to detail
• Able to handle a large volume of matters, including a combination of small and large contracts
• Track record of initiative, problem solving, ownership of projects, and intellectual curiosity
• Strong negotiation, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Experienced in providing strategic and practical advice to business functions at all levels
• Strong organizational and time management skills required
• Team player who is able to work independently as well as collaboratively
• Excellent judgment and discretion is required
• Ability to work in a matrix organization
• Ability to influence business clients in a calm and professional demeanor
• Previous law firm and in-house experience is preferred
• Restaurant or hospitality industry experience as well as franchise experience is helpful
||DineEquity was created from a foundation established by IHOP—an American icon to our guests and a franchising company providing strategic, visionary leadership for our franchisees, unparalleled opportunities for our team members, and enhancing value for
our shareholders. By bringing Applebee's together with IHOP in 2007, we made a bold, new commitment to our brand-revitalization abilities, to the power of franchising, and made our two businesses more successful than either brand could have been apart.
Who are we?
We are a global leader and envision a future where DineEquity is the world’s leading restaurant company of iconic brands. We are innovators, always trying to deliver a better guest experience and take accountability for our actions. We are committed to the
highest ethical standards and build trust through honest, open communication. We foster a nimble, collaborative and creative environment. Our team members embrace these values and see how our actions affect our franchisees, our brands, and in the communities
||DineEquity strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, physical disability, mental
disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
||Send This Job to a Friend