||Application Security Engineer
||We are looking for a skilled Application Security Engineer to analyze software designs and implementations from a security perspective, and identify and resolve security issues. In addition to development, you will include the appropriate security analysis,
defenses and countermeasures at each phase of the software development lifecycle, to result in robust and reliable software.
• The Application Security Engineer participates in all stages of development of several applications within the enterprise.
• Previous experiences with Enterprise Application development is a plus. Skill sets desired include:
o Web application development
o Cloud technologies (AWS/Azure)
o Use of NoSQL technologies such as Mongo DB, Cassandra
o Multiple RDBMS – SQL – Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server
o Client-side application development
o Deployment and CI/CD technologies
o Automated testing
• Knowledge of web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
• Strong emphasis on secure best practices and industry-leading processes
• Strong commitment to Agile, Scrum, Test-Driven Development
• Participate in Agile software development projects and tasks include coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
• Participate in red teaming exercises and other internal security awareness activities
• Create and maintain technical documentation using defined templates.
• Deliver complex enterprise applications with high code standards.
• Provide expert technical guidance and hands on validation of secure solutions during the design, development, and testing of systems
• Perform technical security assessments, tests, code audits and design reviews
• Develop solutions to scale security testing and enable engineering teams to identify security flaws pre-production
• Act as advisor in the area of secure development and threat mitigation
• Demonstrate leadership through evangelizing security, identification of issues and driving resolution across corporate functions
• Work with other teams to ensure that they make safe architectural and implementation choices
• Collaborate with engineers, consultants and leadership to address security risks and provide mitigation recommendations within the SDLC.
• Perform validation of security controls to insure adherence with compliance and industry best practices.
• Understand, balance and communicate business risk with security risk.
• High level of personal integrity, with the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and reflect appropriate level of judgment as it pertains to security.
• Ability to understand business requirements and apply security without adversely affecting the desired functionality.
• Develop a familiarity with new tools and best practices
• Computer Science or Software Engineering degree or related work experience
• 5+ years of in application development
• PCI and PA DSS Certification experience.
• Proven work experience as a software security engineer
• Experience with securing host, database, and application solutions for multi-tier systems.
• Proven work experience in application security testing
• Strong knowledge of web application security design, threats and mitigations
• Practical experience in security engineering, authentication standards (OAUTH, JWT, etc.) and applied cryptography
• Develop and execute secure application development training exercises
• Strong understanding of cryptography as applied to web application security (encryption, hashing, PKI management), including analysis and implementation
• Strong knowledge of the use of a scripting language for system administration and automation
• Firm understanding of enterprise class application architectures that are highly scalable and reliable and the ability to secure them.
• Ability to scale security within the SDLC by automation using tools sets such as source code analyzers, vulnerability scanners, configuration validation, and similar techniques.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey security needs to developers, peers and leadership.
• Understanding to cryptographic processes such as key management, seeding, and PKI.
• Solid foundation in application security.
• Experience with multiple development methodologies including Agile
• Experience with creation of ETLs and complex data processes
• Experience with reporting applications.
• Experience working with Restaurant Systems
• Experience in mobile security design and assessment
• Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) security
• Experience developing security tools
• Experience with both relational and NoSQL/key-value data storage mechanisms
||Real Life - Benefits For You
Along with an inclusive environment and great advancement opportunities, we offer a banquet of benefits that will protect your health, ensure your future and provide the tools you need to succeed at work and in life.
• Competitive Pay
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for you and your family
• Disability Coverage
• Coverage for Domestic Partner
• Flexible Dependent and Health Spending Accounts
• 401(k) Savings Plan with company matching contributions
• Paid Time Off - vacation, sick and personal days
• Employee Assistance Program - for help with life's challenges and planning for your future
||DineEquity was created from a foundation established by IHOP—an American icon to our guests and a franchising company providing strategic, visionary leadership for our franchisees, unparalleled opportunities for our team members, and enhancing value for
our shareholders. By bringing Applebee's together with IHOP in 2007, we made a bold, new commitment to our brand-revitalization abilities, to the power of franchising, and made our two businesses more successful than either brand could have been apart.
Who are we?
We are a global leader and envision a future where DineEquity is the world’s leading restaurant company of iconic brands. We are innovators, always trying to deliver a better guest experience and take accountability for our actions. We are committed to the
highest ethical standards and build trust through honest, open communication. We foster a nimble, collaborative and creative environment. Our team members embrace these values and see how our actions affect our franchisees, our brands, and in the communities
||EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
DineEquity strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, physical disability, mental disability,
medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities,
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. DineEquity reserves the right to add, modify, or rescind the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of job positions at any time. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment
and does not change the at-will employment relationship existing between DineEquity and its employees.
DineEquity recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. DineEquity may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment
agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
||Send This Job to a Friend