||Applebee's Services, Inc.
||Director, Marketing Communications, Digital
||The Director of Marketing Communications, Owned Digital Media & CRM will be instrumental in driving broad reach marketing communications down the funnel to engage our core guests in meaningful and relevant customized “1:1 communications”. This new role
is responsible for extending and expanding the Applebee’s brand, driving measurable consumer engagement and driving restaurant traffic and sales throughout the owned digital ecosystem - leading marketing communications across website, online ordering, tabletop
device, all brand social media platforms, and email/CRM. The Director will collaborate with Marketing Communications, Field Marketing, Brand and Initiatives, Creative and Insights to develop and execute an annual strategic plan for owned digital/social and
CRM with immediate focus on driving acquisition and engagement in CRM and driving the Online Ordering/To Go restaurant channels. The successful candidate will be a strong team member, manage the digital/social budget including paid social, and lead the relationship
with social and digital agencies.
1. Lead all owned digital/social media strategy and execution for the brand.
• Website: UI/UX design in partnership with IT, optimization, and performance tracking/enhancement
• Online Ordering: Promotional strategy and user interface
• Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/YouTube/Snapchat: Content, and measurement
• Innovation and new social channel opportunities evaluation
• Community Management:, Community management of social media channels
2. Lead Email CRM Program
• Drive consumer understanding and segmentation to reach right guest with right message / offer
• Develop daypart and messaging strategy with right message at the right time
• Develop and optimize content strategy across all owned digital / social channels in keeping with brand strategy, promotional strategy and daypart activation.
• Drive CRM acquisition, segmentation and retention strategy
• Map consumer journey and create roadmap to optimize one to one marketing
3. Onboard, lead, and manage digital/social agencies across areas of responsibility
4. Work closely with consumer insights and business analytics teams to deeply understand the target consumer and bring these insights into segmentation and targeting tactics across responsible platforms
5. Collaborate with agencies and marketing team to develop integrated marketing communications plans developing efforts consistent with identified brand strategies and goals
6. Monitor and incorporate industry best practices in digital/social and CRM to drive strategy, refine and improve reach and achieve campaign goals, including restaurant sales and traffic, ROI, etc
7. Lead campaign briefing of agency teams on owned digital/social/CRM
8. Prepare and present marketing plans, including objectives, strategy, rationale, ROI, etc to leadership, field marketing and franchisee partners as needed
9. Supervise the execution of owned media plans, including preparation and oversight of budgets
10. Responsible for leading agency and internal team to build, measure, and evaluate metrics/KPIs
1. Reports directly to the VP Marketing and Communications
2. Collaborate with IT and internal teams to lead and execute owned digital projects
3. Serve on marketing communications leadership team, instrumental in setting vision and strategy for campaign and owned digital / social / CRM channel plans
4. Lead statement of work and contract development with accountable agencies
5. Manage agency relationships to ensure best-in-class partnership and deliver world class marketing communications plans for the brand
6. Works with brand creative and advertising content leaders to effectively represent the brand in the social /digital space
||• The ideal candidate is an innovative, collaborative, and seasoned marketing expert with:
o 8-10 years experience in marketing, either client or agency, restaurant, retail or transactional experience a plus
o 6+ years of CRM and social media experience
• 6+ years experience in digital marketing including website design and user interface A Bachelor's degree or equivalent, MBA a bonus
• Strategic mindset and demonstrated ability to identify opportunities and develop fact based solutions.
• A track record of successfully meeting and exceeding performance goals
• Capacity to influence, persuade, and convey ideas in a meaningful way to secure commitment and support from others while also generating excitement and enthusiasm
• Knowledge of consumer behavior, consumer research and analytics, leading edge marketing principles and new “media” channels, including multi-variant testing in the social / digital space.
• A strong leader with a passion for setting clear, measurable objectives, delegating responsibility, recognizing outstanding performance, and correcting sub-par performance
• Leadership reputation for establishing mutual trust with associates, franchisees and peers, with an emphasis on integrity, honesty and high professional standards
• Ability to create relationships with Franchisees and other stakeholders in order to listen and understand
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
||DineEquity was created from a foundation established by IHOP—an American icon to our guests and a franchising company providing strategic, visionary leadership for our franchisees, unparalleled opportunities for our team members, and enhancing value for
our shareholders. By bringing Applebee's together with IHOP in 2007, we made a bold, new commitment to our brand-revitalization abilities, to the power of franchising, and made our two businesses more successful than either brand could have been apart.
Who are we?
We are a global leader and envision a future where DineEquity is the world’s leading restaurant company of iconic brands. We are innovators, always trying to deliver a better guest experience and take accountability for our actions. We are committed to the
highest ethical standards and build trust through honest, open communication. We foster a nimble, collaborative and creative environment. Our team members embrace these values and see how our actions affect our franchisees, our brands, and in the communities
||DineEquity strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, physical disability, mental
disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
||Send This Job to a Friend