||Senior Software Engineer (Sitecore)
||The Lead Engineer in Digital and Guest Facing technology is responsible for the day-to-day technical solution design, development and execution of DineEquity’s guest-facing digital channels. The Lead Engineer will play a role in developing foundational
services and components, supporting development of new websites and functionality, and collaborating with internal resources and outside agencies to create engaging and compelling digital solutions.
Business Unit Summary
The Lead Engineer of Digital and Guest-Facing Technology reports directly to the Executive Director of Digital and Guest Facing Technology and is responsible helping to design and implement robust single page and traditional MVC applications on the .net Core
and Sitecore/MVC platforms, while conforming to standards-based development – single use theory, dependency injection, etc. The engineer will be part of a small technology leadership team that delivers key digital solutions and directs, coordinates and manages
the work of technology studios and contractors.
A Day in the Life
• Work through current sprint cycle to deliver standards based Sitecore MVC solutions and Data Templates. Test -driven development will be used daily to ensure quality delivery of code and solutions.
• Be able to apply deep knowledge of Sitecore to aid in system architecture and design.
• Growth: Continuous education though company sponsored and self-education on latest tools and technologies.
• Process Minded: Follow the SDLC and Agile methodologies through use of tools such as Jira.
• Problem Solving: Ability to process and solve both short term and long term digital challenges. Recommend technical solutions and alternatives.
• Operational Excellence: Leverage your experience in developing and delivering technical projects to provide accurate estimates for level of effort and complexity associated with digital projects.
||Do you, love technology? Are you a Sitecore expert? Are you results-focused? Do you want to be part of a new technology organization that has an opportunity to bring digital experiences to some iconic restaurant brands? If you want to apply all that you
have learned to help a digital team start off on the right foot, we want YOU!
Experience & Qualifications:
• Minimum 3 years of technical experience developing robust applications with Sitecore 7.x and 8.x
• Sitecore 8.x certification preferred
• Minimum 5 years of .net MVC and or .Net Forms experience
• Minimum 5 years of technical experience designing and building digital experiences for well-known consumer brands
• Minimum 3 years working in responsive web development with Bootstrap or equivalent
• Full stack system .NET architecture experience
• 24/7 Ecommerce/Retail/Gaming experience
• Application Performance Management
• Experience working within an Agile methodology
• Experience consuming and creating REST web service APIs
• Experience with GIT and modern branching strategies
• Excellent Technical Documentation Skills
• Understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
• Experience working in a cross-functional matrix organization
All qualified candidates must possess the following core qualifications:
• Strong proactive communication, with great attention to detail
• Ability to assist in the timely delivery of high-quality software releases
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced / dynamic team environment and possess time management skills in meeting critical deadlines
• Excellent oral/written communication skills and interpersonal skills to support interaction with internal customers, team members, and internal management
• Dedication to a collaborative working style and the ability to work well in small teams
• A self-starter who enjoys technical challenges and embraces new opportunities
• Willingness to participate in after-hour and on-call support
• A desire to learn and use new technologies
||DineEquity rewards your efforts by offering comprehensive and competitive benefits designed with your wellbeing in mind. But wellbeing is not just about your life at work; it’s about your life outside work as well, and it’s also about your family.
Real life – Benefits offered include:
• Health care coverage, like medical, dental, and vision benefits
• Spending accounts to provide a way to save, tax-free, for health care expenses like Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) or a Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Work-life resources through the Employee Assistance Program
• Financial protection for you and your family, including disability and life insurance coverage
• Retirement savings opportunities through a 401(k) plan
• Voluntary benefits like Critical Illness Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Accident Insurance, a group legal plan, pet insurance, and identity theft protection
||DineEquity was created from a foundation established by IHOP—an American icon to our guests and a franchising company providing strategic, visionary leadership for our franchisees, unparalleled opportunities for our team members, and enhancing value for
our shareholders. By bringing Applebee's together with IHOP in 2007, we made a bold, new commitment to our brand-revitalization abilities, to the power of franchising, and made our two businesses more successful than either brand could have been apart.
Who are we?
We are a global leader and envision a future where DineEquity is the world’s leading restaurant company of iconic brands. We are innovators, always trying to deliver a better guest experience and take accountability for our actions. We are committed to the
highest ethical standards and build trust through honest, open communication. We foster a nimble, collaborative and creative environment. Our team members embrace these values and see how our actions affect our franchisees, our brands, and in the communities
||DineEquity strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, physical disability, mental
disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
||Send This Job to a Friend