||We are looking for a skilled Middleware Engineer to design and engineer the middleware products that will assist in integration of internal and 3rd party systems.
A candidate should have the ability to influence project decisions and make decisions for assigned projects based on established strategy. Provide expert level complex, high-level technical solutions for the applications and carry out complex assignments requiring
the development and testing of new and/or improved techniques and procedures. Develop documentation and standards for use by the organization.
• The Middleware Engineer participates in all stages of development of several applications within the enterprise.
• Previous experiences with Enterprise Application development is a must. Desired skill sets include:
o API design, development and testing
o REST and SOAP Web services
o Cloud technologies (AWS/Azure)
o Working knowledge of multiple DBMS – Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server
o Server-side application development
o Automated testing
• Knowledge of web related technologies and of network/web related protocols
• Strong emphasis on secure best practices and industry-leading processes
• Strong commitment to Agile, Scrum, Test-Driven Development
• Working experience with one of the leading middleware platforms: WS02 EI, MuleSoft, IBM Websphere ESB
• Participate in Agile software development projects and tasks include coding, testing, and debugging.
• Middleware product lifecycle management
• Implement Proof of Concepts and assist in selecting middleware products
• Assist in the growth and strategic planning of the middleware products and technology solutions
• Develop and manage tools to support product automation
• Ensures compliance with established industry rules, regulations and best practices
• Develop best practices and standards for various middleware projects
• Work with other engineers, consultants and leadership in developing middleware solutions and supporting integrations between new and legacy systems.
• Create and maintain technical documentation using defined templates.
• Deliver complex enterprise applications with high code standards.
• Coordinate with vendors and support team on problem resolution, design issues and upgrades
• Perform troubleshooting, incident response, and patching in a timely manner
• Develop and implement standard processes for installation, maintenance, deployment, and enhancement of middleware applications
• Computer Science or Software Engineering degree
• 5+ years of application development with emphasis on Data Integration and backend development
• Proven work experience as a Middleware engineer
• Experience with one of the popular implementations of ESB products (for example WSO2 EI or MuleSoft ESB).
• Strong analytical skills and a solid understanding of all critical Production Support processes
• Strong Java knowledge and experience.
• Working knowledge of .net stack is a plus
• Strong experience in Middleware design and analysis and tuning applications.
• Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP and networking.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
• Must be able to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
• Develop and execute secure application development training exercises
• Experience with Agile methodology.
• Experience working with in Retail or Hospitality industries
• Experience with creation of ETLs and complex data processes
• Understanding of OpenStack and Cloud technologies
• Experience with reporting applications.
• Knowledge of web application security design, threats and mitigations
||Real Life - Benefits For You
Along with an inclusive environment and great advancement opportunities, we offer a banquet of benefits that will protect your health, ensure your future and provide the tools you need to succeed at work and in life.
• Competitive Pay
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for you and your family
• Disability Coverage
• Coverage for Domestic Partner
• Flexible Dependent and Health Spending Accounts
• 401(k) Savings Plan with company matching contributions
• Paid Time Off - vacation, sick and personal days
• Employee Assistance Program - for help with life's challenges and planning for your future
||DineEquity was created from a foundation established by IHOP—an American icon to our guests and a franchising company providing strategic, visionary leadership for our franchisees, unparalleled opportunities for our team members, and enhancing value for
our shareholders. By bringing Applebee's together with IHOP in 2007, we made a bold, new commitment to our brand-revitalization abilities, to the power of franchising, and made our two businesses more successful than either brand could have been apart.
Who are we?
We are a global leader and envision a future where DineEquity is the world’s leading restaurant company of iconic brands. We are innovators, always trying to deliver a better guest experience and take accountability for our actions. We are committed to the
highest ethical standards and build trust through honest, open communication. We foster a nimble, collaborative and creative environment. Our team members embrace these values and see how our actions affect our franchisees, our brands, and in the communities
||EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
DineEquity strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, physical disability, mental disability,
medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities,
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. DineEquity reserves the right to add, modify, or rescind the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of job positions at any time. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment
and does not change the at-will employment relationship existing between DineEquity and its employees.
DineEquity recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. DineEquity may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment
agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
||Send This Job to a Friend