||Applebee's Services, Inc.
||VP, Consumer Insights
||Reporting to the President of Applebee’s, the Vice President of Consumer Insights will be a well-rounded and disciplined market research specialist, who is a motivational, hands-on influencer with a strategic mind-set and the reputation for getting things
done. This individual will be responsible for the management of all consumer research functions and will be responsible for developing strategies and programs which inform and inspire consumer marketing and product development while tracking effectiveness
against brand health metrics.
This individual will possess a passion for consumer insights and be accomplished in using insights to help Applebee’s develop and successfully execute company strategies. With accountability for leading the overall direction for enterprise-wide consumer insights,
this role will lead a team of professionals.
Specifically, the selected candidate will be responsible for:
• Serving as inspirational leader of approximately 3-4 research professionals; building a high-performance team which both attracts and retains pre-eminent talent
• Serving as the “voice of the consumer”, ensuring that new initiatives are well grounded and supported by verifiable data and analytics. The VP will ensure consumer insights are used to drive the creation of strategy verses solely to validate an existing or
future brand specific marketing program.
• Build best-in-class relationships with our brands franchise communities. Develop methods and practices that result in phenomenal franchisee-franchisor relationships advancing our competitive advantages.
• Assist and partner with other Executive Team members to create the enterprise 3 year strategic plan. This entails identifying, collecting and analyzing global macro and industry specific economic indicators and trends that are pertinent to the long-range
vision of the enterprise.
• Provide peers and key leaders in the enterprise with macro-economic and industry related trends on a regular basis. Ensure that key leaders are aware of external factors that may impact the quality of business decisions being made. Develop and institutionalize
an effective, forward looking, dashboard of related indicators that are pertinent to our goal of becoming the Franchisor of Choice with financially healthy franchise partners.
• Refine and further implement measurement tools which improve the return on company and program based investments. Using operational metrics, build original customer insights that outpace industry and segment sales and traffic growth in our brands.
• Establish or refine existing partner relationships with research suppliers, implementing vendor management and evaluation systems which foster a productive work relationship and stimulates partner excellence and innovation.
• Appropriately influence internal and external constituencies through a fully integrated functional communications plan; establishing open, honest and trusting relationships which drive improved teamwork and better decisions across the enterprise.
||The ideal candidate is innovative, collaborative, and a seasoned market research generalist that can do and lead. The selected candidate will possess:
• 15+ years business experience with a strong foundation in market research
• 10+ years in top tier consumer research or insights roles for winning, multi-location retail, restaurant or hospitality organizations. Prior experience in publicly held companies is ideal
• Track record of successfully meeting and exceeding performance goals
• Demonstrated general business acumen and the executive presence that establishes functional leadership and credibility
• World class marketing research/insights knowledge with the ability to create and communicate a clear, inspiring message that translates into practical, results-focused action plans
• Strength in statistical analysis and analytical methods to ensure the department output is complete and accurate
• Clear capacity to influence, persuade, and convey ideas in a meaningful way to secure commitment and support from others while generating excitement and enthusiasm
• Business reputation as a strong leader with a passion for setting clear, measurable objectives, delegating responsibility, recognizing outstanding performance, and correcting sub-par performance
• Leadership reputation for establishing mutual trust with associates, franchisees and peers, with an emphasis on integrity, honesty and high professional standards
• Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills across all levels of the organization including Board of Director level interactions in formal and informal settings
• Demonstrated experience and advanced media and public speaking skills
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with an advanced degree or MBA highly preferred and expected
||With more than 2,000 restaurants in 49 United States, Puerto Rico and 16 countries around the world, Applebee's is the world's largest casual dining brand, offering elevated American bar and grill fare, including hand-crafted drinks and a constantly evolving
array of bar-and-grill classics. Founded in Atlanta, Georgia in 1980 by Georgia by Bill and T.J. Palmer with the philosophy of serving good food to good people, we are building upon this heritage and further differentiating Applebee's through creativity and
innovation to maintain the brand's position at the top of the casual dining segment.
DineEquity was created from a foundation established by IHOP—an American icon to our guests and a franchising company providing strategic, visionary leadership for our franchisees, unparalleled opportunities for our team members, and enhancing value for our
shareholders. By bringing Applebee's together with IHOP in 2007, we made a bold, new commitment to our brand-revitalization abilities, to the power of franchising, and made our two businesses more successful than either brand could have been apart.
Who are we?
We are a global leader and envision a future where DineEquity is the world’s leading restaurant company of iconic brands. We are innovators, always trying to deliver a better guest experience and take accountability for our actions. We are committed to the
highest ethical standards and build trust through honest, open communication. We foster a nimble, collaborative and creative environment. Our team members embrace these values and see how our actions affect our franchisees, our brands, and in the communities
||Send This Job to a Friend