||Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content, from capture to consumption. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios,
independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and new digital solution-based technologies.
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs over 8,600 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide. Deluxe is a wholly owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc.
For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com
We currently have an opening for a Sr. Software Engineer. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
We are looking for a strong Java Engineer who can has superior development skills for this small agile team. Our team maintains some legacy technologies and is working to build next generation entertainment technologies. We work primarily in Java/Spring and
are working with AWS and other technologies.
• Participate in ongoing software development projects
• Contribute to cutting-edge research and development initiatives including integration and customization of our proprietary services with emerging frameworks and platforms
• Assist with technical resolution of issues on mission critical production and development systems
• Assist with integration with internal Deluxe services
• Assist with development of new dockerized microservices
• BS degree in Computer Science field or equivalent hands-on experience
• Building and Testing RESTFul and SOAP Services
• Understanding of HTTP
• RDBMS – SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres
• NOSQL data systems like Mongo, CouchDb
• In Memory and Distributed Caching – Memcache, Redis, or other
Working with Pub/Sub and/or Messaging Services – MSMQ, RabbitMQ, Redis
• Session management
Client Development – ES5, AngularJs, Polymer, Aurelia, ReactJs,
AWS – RDS, EC2
• Experience with Docker
• Understanding of microservices/serverless architectures. Understanding (not necessarily experience) of container management platforms (mesos, marathon, kubernetes, and/or nomad, etc).
• Experience with open source technologies
• Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• GitHub, SVN or equivalent
• Understanding of Continuous Integration and Agile methodologies
• Focused, dependable, detail-oriented and hands-on – completes tasks quickly and thoroughly
• Excellent work ethics and communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal
• Experience with .NET Core, NodeJs, Go
• Experience with non-microsoft languages and platforms is a plus
• Elastic Search, RethinkDb
• Experience with ReactJs/Redux is highly desirable
• Authentication, OAuth, SSO
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
At the core of our values is our desire to "Pursue Diversity." We believe that different experiences and perspectives are advantages and are committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of all people across our global footprint. We promote
a culture of inclusion where all individuals are treated fairly, with respect, and have the opportunity to excel in their careers.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.