The Quality Control Operator’s (QC Op's) principal responsibility is to evaluate Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs). The QC Op is expected to verify that the DCP either meets or does not meet acceptable delivery requirements, and then report those findings clearly,
concisely and accurately. These QC evaluation sessions may or may not include a studio representative. When a studio representative is in the room, the QC Op is expected to help coordinate any needs the client may have, such as DCP starting and stopping, network
protocol setup, help with food ordering and clean up, etc. In order to prepare for the QC evaluation sessions, this person will also be required to set up the screening environment.
• Verifying KDM (Key Delivery Message) validity against the DCP to be evaluated
• Verifying DCP metadata against work order requirements
• D-Cinema setup of playback server, projector, image and audio configuration
• 3D system activation and verification
• External captioning device setup
• Ensuring screening environment complies with required security protocols
• Ingesting content and KDMs to prepare for upcoming QC evaluations
• Logging data regarding QC evaluations
• Notification of QC flagged items
• Completing tasks in database
• Creating/approving KDMs
• Some light client services duties
• Taking on additional shifts as workload demands
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned
The QC Operator can also be called upon to perform other tasks, and assume other duties, as required by their supervisor.
GRAVE + WEEKENDS
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Outstanding etiquette
• Exceptional client facing skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Detail oriented, with an excellent “eye” and “ear”
• Strong organizational skills
• Familiarity with Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Skype)
• Ability to work in high pressure situations (deadlines, demanding clients, etc.)
• Experience with database systems
• Knowledge of d-cinema playback servers, captioning & 3D display systems a plus
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College/University or equivalent
• Professional Post Production experience is preferred
• Quality Control experience is a plus
• Multi-lingual abilities are a plus
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.