||Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content, from capture to consumption. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios,
independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and new digital solution-based technologies.
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs over 8,600 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide. Deluxe is a wholly owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc.
For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com
We currently have an opening for a SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
WHO WE HIRE:
• Candidates who have built relationships, developed trust and communicated effectively with senior leaders and across multiple teams to drive solutions
• Candidates who have worked in the entertainment field and have an understanding the business processes and work flows in digital distribution and creative post-production
• Candidates who are capable of doing business analysis and IT alignment, testing support, business process modeling and cost/benefit analysis
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Act as a liaison between business stakeholders and end users, IT management and developers to drive the business process analysis
• Execute the collection, elicitation, and recording of business requirements for Enterprise IT Projects
• Work to align requirements of the business with the delivery goals of IT on complex, highly visible, and/or sensitive requests within their functional areas of expertise.
• Ensure a total solution is documented and communicated to enhance the company’s ability to provide cost effective solutions in a timely manner
• Help facilitate in the planning and execution of projects and initiatives and communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff.
THE DETAILS OF WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Business Analysis/IT Alignment Work:
• Work with customer to gain an understanding of their department’s strategic business needs
• Conduct extensive interviews and meetings with representatives of business areas to determine and document clear, well-articulated business requirements and need for enhancements to current systems as well as development of new systems
• Translate business functional requirements into accurate and meaningful detailed functional and technical design documents
• Ensure functional and technical designs consider systems design & performance as well as company policies, industry rules and regulations.
• Ensure functional and technical design is complete, standards are met and interfaces are addressed
• Produce in-depth specification documents for complex projects (e.g. workflow, screen and report layouts, edit criteria and related messages, data, process and decision flow diagrams)
• Perform detailed analysis of system problems and user requests and investigate the causes of problems and identify potential solutions
• Respond to questions, requests for information and assistance from customers and management
• Work with technical staff to research existing programs and systems to produce cost effective, efficient proposals for system services
• Conduct follow-up inquiries, meetings, etc. to solicit feedback from users and management in order to gauge the success and acceptance of projects
• Prepare manuals and training materials and conduct training for end users on proper use of both new and existing applications
• Complete and document any process mapping and process re-design/improvement opportunities accordingly
• Participate in short and long term planning sessions with clients to improve business processes
• Act as an advocate for business needs and required results
• Ensure the business need is addressed by the technical solution from a conceptual standpoint
• Participate in the solution discovery process, including RFI, RFP & vendor selection
• Maintain awareness of changing business needs within the industry
• Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
• Organizes and conducts meetings with project team members and business stakeholders
• Effectively communicates relevant project/service information to superiors, peers/colleagues and business team members
• Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Consult with technical staff to incorporate design and performance considerations into specifications for systems development and testing
• Assist in preparation of integration test plans, integration testing and stress testing
• Monitor issues identified, tracked, reported on during testing for potential conflicts with business requirements and recommend possible solutions
• Work with client personnel to work through potential software changes required as a result of issues discovered during testing
• Communicate needed changes to development team
Project Management Support
• Communicate with Project Manager/PMO team to provide input on project scope and process/technical considerations and status, and ensures awareness of project requirement issues, risks, and results
• Contributes to project estimates/budget/schedule
• Apply established methodology and enforces project standards on all project deliverables and documentation
• May manage small projects
• May champion change management activities
Service Management Support
• Ensures IT is aware of key business issues
• Ensures the oversight for resolution of escalated IT issues
• Manages to contractual agreements
• Must possess skills in business process modeling and developing process diagrams (e.g. Basic Flowchart, Business Process Modeling Diagram, Cross Functional Flowchart, Data Flow Diagram & Swimlane Flowcharts).
• Excellent client relationship skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing skills
• Very detail oriented and organized
• Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills
• Solid working knowledge of entertainment industry (specifically, organizations similar to Deluxe) and industry context required; experience with localization services and digital content delivery supply chain preferred
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Works well under stress with tight timelines for deliverables
• The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis
• BA degree or equivalent experience is required.
• 5-7 years functional experience in structured business systems analysis in a project development environment with a demonstrated proficiency in all phases of system analysis and design, involving a variety of solution types, including COTS, SAAS, CUSTOM
• Extensive experience with business case development, including writing design and business specifications for large scale software development projects
• Working knowledge of MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.