||Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is a global leader in digital media and entertainment services across film, video and online content from capture to consumption.
Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post production, distribution, asset
and workflow management and new digital solution-based technologies.
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs nearly 7,000 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide. For more information visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is looking for a qualified candidate to join our Research and Development team as a Software Developer. Responsibilities include interaction with other parties to understand and solidify requirements, software design, implementation, documentation, and
maintenance. In some cases, the candidate may be the sole person responsible for the design and development of applications. As such, this requires superb attention to detail and time management skills in order to achieve a reliable end product.
The successful candidate must be able to find clever ways to solve problems, design around system limitations, and meet shortened schedules as necessary.
This position will be located in Moosic, Pennsylvania.
• Design and develop applications and/or libraries using primarily C++; but Java, Objective C, C, or C# may be needed on occasion.
• Create cross-platform applications that can be run on OS X, Windows, and/or Linux.
• Capture and/or translate functional requirements into software design documentation as necessary.
• Participate in project discussions to provide high level estimates and determine optimal solutions for project implementations.
• Create code following published technical specifications, or be able to “reverse-engineer” when specifications are not available.
• Provide estimates of development tasks.
• Support existing clients with any issues that arise.
• BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field of study.
• Proficient in C++.
• Solid troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills, and the ability to reach innovative options quickly required.
• Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Must learn and process information quickly.
• Ability to communicate, in both oral and written form, effectively to management, peer engineers, and to end users with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
• Must be confident, self-motivated, and team oriented.
• Flexibility to work extended hours to meet project deadlines.
Desired Additional Qualifications:
• Familiarity with OS X, Windows, and Linux development environments.
• Ability to optimize code using SSE, MMX, Intel IPP, Apple’s Accelerate Framework, etc.
• Knowledge of audio and video codecs/containers.
• Familiarity with FFmpeg.
• Experience with version control tools and concepts.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website to view additional positions and for more information on our company: http://www.bydeluxe.com. NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE. EOE M/F/D/V
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.