||The global leader in digital services and technology for content creation and delivery, Deluxe has been a trusted partner to Hollywood studios, independent filmmakers, TV networks, online content producers, brands, and anyone looking to bring stories and
experiences to audiences, for more than 100 years.
Deluxe Creative companies house the world’s top talent. Deluxe Delivery enables content creators and providers to get their content to the world – in any format. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York, and operations in 25 key media markets worldwide,
Deluxe relies on 8,000 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, and innovators.
Our company values are:
• Be Pioneers – We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity
• Pursue Diversity – Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business
• Act with Integrity – We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company
• Take Ownership – We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company
• Collaborate – Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support
• Exceed Expectations – We understand our colleagues’ and clients’ needs and always exceed expectations
Deluxe Media is seeking a Quality Control Technician for the Swing shift and Graveyard shift. This role is located in Northvale, NJ.
• Individual will perform quality assurance testing on video, audio, closed captioning, and subtitle files.
• Individual will perform incoming QC of the client supplied materials (audio, video, subtitles, and graphics) for file production.
• Individual will perform emulation QC of several different types of files (linear playback testing of audio, video and subtitles; closed captioning; etc.).
• Individual will perform file QCs using various playback programs. (VLC, QuickTime, Elecard, etc.)
• Visual quality assurance testing of compressed video material.
• Audible quality assurance testing of encoded audio material.
• Visual quality assurance testing of subtitle (text) files.
• Experience with AmberFin is a plus.
• Use Deluxe Media Checklists to verify compliance of Deluxe Media product to client specifications and Bill of Materials.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• AA degree in computer science, programming, electronics, A/V technology, television production or related field (or equivalent experience).
• 1-2 years quality control experience in the entertainment industry.
• Must be extremely detail-oriented with a desire for excellence and quality in finished work product.
• General knowledge of media required; knowledge of digital media a plus.
• File quality control experience is preferred.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer savvy and basic knowledge of both Mac and PC required.
• Individual must possess a fundamental understanding of audio, video, interactive multimedia, software playback programs, and consumer electronic devices.
• Individual must be able to troubleshoot quality control issues, software and player anomalies.
• Individual must be organized and diligent.
• Duties require an accurate and methodical approach to testing as well as a very focused and detailed attention to audio, video and subtitle impairments and artifacts.
• Individual must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment with hard deadlines.
• Individual will need to make frequent "subjective" decisions as part of their daily function (e.g. determining the "severity rating" for quality defects, determining which defects are acceptable, etc.).
• Basic knowledge of multiple languages is a plus (being able to identify between different languages).
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please visit the careers section of our website for additional information: http://www.bydeluxe.com/. NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.