||Deluxe leads the advertising and entertainment industries with innovative supply chain solutions that help market, enrich, and enable media distribution to all platforms and all consumers throughout the world. Deluxe Media is a global company with presence
in 6 countries. Our clients include the major Hollywood studios as well as a growing number of on-line retailers.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Solana Beach, CA.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company in the hottest industry space that offers an exciting, challenging and dynamic work environment with tremendous career growth potential. We focus on innovation, creativity, and cutting edge technology.
We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with 8+ years of Microsoft and Linux experience with a focus on supporting the full stack from cable to code. The individual will assist in supporting the hardware, software, operating systems, storage, backup, monitoring
and deployments of code to the different environments such as QA, Staging and Production. We are seeking a motivated individual with a broad range of expertise as well as experience leading a team.
• Provide hardware and software support for systems providing Internet hosting of websites and services at co-location facilities and cloud environments such as AWS.
• Install, configure, troubleshoot and support servers, load balancers, storage arrays, network attached storage, network equipment and related peripherals.
• Work with automated CM/deployment systems such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
• Provision virtual machines as necessary, allocate resources, perform capacity planning, and monitor both network and systems usage.
• Develop and deploy monitoring solutions that exercise the products APIs
• Participate in the engineering process for design, build and management of systems
• Implement security systems and best practices to protect systems from external and internal compromise
• Accurately document procedures, configurations, trouble descriptions and problem resolution.
• Work with and provide support to developers to implement solutions as needed, release code, and creatively solve problems.
• Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation, respond to alerts in a timely fashion, escalate issues as needed.
• Maintain systems uptime of 99.99%.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• 8+ years of experience with Microsoft Operating systems and related technologies including, IIS, SQL, Active Directory, Office products and patching technologies.
• 6+ years managing Linux systems, including LAMP deployments.
• 5+ years working in a high transaction, 24/7, web environment.
• 5+ years experience with VMware and virtualization technologies.
• 3+ years experience with storage technologies (NAS/SAN) over NFS, Fiber Channel or ISCSI.
• Proficient in one or more scripting languages: PHP, Perl, Unix Shell Script, powershell, or similar.
• Solid networking fundamentals required. Must understand VLANs, Cisco IOS, DNS, Network Address Translation (NAT) and sub netting.
• Experience racking / cabling systems, knowledge of power requirements and the willingness to travel to and from co-location facility as needed.
• Willingness to work extended hours / weekends to meet project deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience working as a lead to a team of systems engineers/administrators
• Experience working with .net systems in large load balanced pools.
• Experience deploying and troubleshooting .net, Apache and Tomcat solutions
• Experience working with various video formats, transcoding, and DRM.
• Knowledge of large multi petabyte archiving solutions
• Knowledge of performance testing and capacity planning strategies.
• Experience with best practices for change management and code releases. Some exposure to continuous integration and related technologies beneficial.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.