||EFILM and Company 3 as a part of Deluxe Entertainment Service Group remains at the forefront in the industry of content creation and post-production. We continue to develop new tools and technical approaches that enable our creative world to turn their
vision into reality, while committing to provide smart and efficient environments for the Motion Picture industry through our innovation team.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., www.bydeluxe.com which is a wholly owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc., has a global footprint with operations in America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
We currently have an opening for a full-stack software engineer proficient in all tiers of web application development and its supporting technologies. The position will be located at EFILM in Hollywood CA.
Come work with a small team in the heart of the entertainment industry. You will have the opportunity to build tools that will push the boundaries of technology as it is used in the making of all your favorite shows, movies, and commercials.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Collaborate with a small team of engineers to develop cutting edge technologies for the entertainment industry potentially including contributions intellectual property through patent generation.
• Build web-based solutions on both MacOS/iOS (Objective C, Swift, SQL/Mongodb) and Linux (Python, Django, SQL/Mongodb, some light C/C++); this includes API integration with 3rd party tools.
• Develop new applications from the ground up using Python, Django, React, Flask and MySQL.
• Maintain and modernize existing applications.
• Provide support for the products you are working on.
• Write software that communicates with other systems over the network, or with hardware APIs.
• Profile and identify security flaws, performance problems, compatibility issues, and user facing bugs.
• Perform Unit Tests and Documentation.
• Assist users and clients around the clock with applications and products.
• BS or MS in Computer Science, a technical field or relevant work experience.
• Hands-on experience in developing web applications, including extensive knowledge of Python and Django.
• Have experience in data modeling and database schema design using MySQL, including selection of appropriate data types and development of efficient SQL queries.
• Have experience in developing data models and schemas from scratch and enhancing/refactoring existing schemas.
• Have experience in developing distributed Web applications and services using HTML, CSS, JSON and REST.
• Understand software engineering practices such as version control, code reviews, and testing.
• Understanding of networking fundamentals.
• Knowledge of Security protocols and encryption methods.
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and possess the ability to establish interpersonal relationships.
• Have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Be available to work during extended hours including weekends if required.
PREFERENCES - WHAT WE'D LIKE:
• Industry experience in editorial, digital asset management, pre-production, production or post production.
• Understands how TCP and UDP connections work.
• Can propose and implement an easy to use API for internal frameworks.
• A good eye for visual design and clean, modern interfaces.
• A deep understanding of cryptography, safe coding, and security topics.
• Experience in real-time processing.
• Understanding of how server infrastructure is build, and distributing functionality across multiple machines.