||Nephrology - San Marcos
||GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Mid-Level Provider, under the general direction of the supervising physician, assesses and manages patient health care. The scope of responsibility includes clinical practice, education, consultation, research, and program coordination. The Mid-Level Provider is accountable to and reports administratively to the Section Chief or assigned Supervising Physician and the Section Administrator. The Clinical Manager of the Section also plays a supporting role in working with the Mid-Level Provider.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides comprehensive health care to patients as indicated. This may include assessment of the patient’s health, management of acute and chronic diseases, and treatment of injuries.
2. Sees new patients only with physician approval and direct on site physician supervision. The physician must see all new patients as well and it will be the responsibility of the mid level provider to ensure that new patients do not leave the Clinic before the physician has seen them.
3. Acts as a major continuity component for delivery of health care as part of a designated team. Available for routine patient follow up. Will critique schedule based upon section needs and as approved by Administration.
4. Makes independent clinical assessments within scope of license, collaborating with supervising physicians in managing acute and long term needs of patients as appropriate.
5. Counsels and educates patients and their families on issues of health maintenance and behavior.
6. Provides telephone consultation, follow up phone calls, and triage patient telephone calls.
7. Has current knowledge of drug therapy and common use in adult patients.
8. In the event that the schedule is not full, the following work station duties will be job requirements: completing protocols, completing patient handouts, returning patient phone calls, being part of the healthcare team, and assisting as needed to improve patient flow.
9. Plans and participates in educational programs for patients, families, and nursing students as needed.
10. Provides workshops, seminars, and presentations to other professionals.
11. Develops and evaluates relevant patient education tools as appropriate.
12. Maintains professional CEUs and stays current regarding clinical practices in field/licensure.
13. Participates in the operational function of the section, including but not limited to program development, implementation, evaluation, etc.
14. Acts as a consultant to other health care providers within the Clinic as well as the community at large.
15. As appropriate, acts as director or participant of special programs and projects.
16. Participates in clinical research when and where appropriate.
17. Remains current in advances in adult health care, and where relevant translates these findings into clinical practice.
18. Demonstrates ongoing professional growth through participation in relevant educational endeavors and appropriate associations.
19. Will use and sign practice guidelines/protocols.
20. Will attend the section meetings unless excused.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Section Chief and/or Supervising Physician, and Administrator
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practice and nursing care to give and evaluate patient care. Understanding of common medical problems and the medications used to treat them. Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, and procedures to administer patient care. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment. Competence in clinical exams and physicals. Ability to communicate clearly both in writing and orally.
CERTIFICATES/LICENSES: Must have valid current Texas RN licensure. Must have valid current Texas ANP or CNS licensure.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: BSN and NP certification. Master’s degree preferred. Three or more years recent clinical experience preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write reports and findings using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentation on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to comprehend and apply principles of algebra and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with abstract concepts.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principals of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, and graphs). Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
||Send This Job to a Friend