||Operating as a regional airline in the United States, Air Wisconsin Airlines performs flying services as a partner with United Airlines.
Currently operating a fleet of CRJ-200 regional jets as United Express, Air Wisconsin Airlines operates throughout the Eastern and Central United States as well as into Canada.
Air Wisconsin's team is made up of around 1,500 members dedicated to making our travelers’ experiences safe and pleasant. With service to approximately 70 cities throughout North America, we carry an estimated 6 million passengers a year.
With general direction from the Vice President, this position is responsible for managing the Company’s and related parties various tax reporting responsibilities. This individual will prepare and/or review federal and state income tax returns, state property
tax returns, annual reports, sales and use, and excise tax returns. This position is responsible for promoting continuous improvement, implementing best practices and ensuring compliance with the Company’s tax policy and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for overseeing tax planning and compliance for all federal and state income, sales/use, property, and excise taxes for the consolidated group of companies.
• Responsible for preparation and/or review of partnership tax returns as needed.
• Researches tax accounting alternatives and studies laws and regulations to ensure correct application.
• Responsible for tax planning and identifying and evaluating opportunities and alternatives to minimize the tax burden and manage the effective tax rate for the consolidated group of companies.
• Ensures quarterly federal and state estimated tax payments are made timely and accurately as needed.
• Understands how items are reported for financial accounting purposes (GAAP) and applies correct tax laws, inclusive of planning, to identify book-to-tax differences.
• Oversees the monthly tax provision for financial reporting in accordance with GAAP for all companies in the consolidated group. Computes the current and deferred portion of the tax provision, reconciles the effective tax rate, and documents all work-papers
accordingly for the year end audits.
• Oversees the work and assesses performance of tax department staff.
• Stays up-to-date on changes in federal and state tax laws as they apply to the consolidated group of companies.
• Works with the Director of Legal Affairs to ensure all companies are properly registered in to do business in states where companies within the consolidated group are active.
• Responsible for maintaining policies and procedures for the tax department that ensure the overall responsibilities of the tax department are met in an accurate and timely manner.
• Has budget line responsibility.
• Negotiates property tax assessments.
• Oversees all state and federal tax inquiries and audits.
• Attendance is considered an essential responsibility.*
• Adherence to all Company policies and procedures.*