||Operating as a regional airline in the United States, Air Wisconsin Airlines performs flying services as a partner with United Airlines.
Currently operating a fleet of CRJ-200 regional jets as United Express, Air Wisconsin Airlines operates throughout the Eastern and Central United States.
Air Wisconsin's team is made up of around 1,500 members dedicated to making our travelers’ experiences safe and pleasant. With service to approximately 70 cities throughout North America, we carry an estimated 6 million passengers a year.
The Staff Accountant performs accounting/tax work under the general supervision of the VP of Tax, Risk Management, and Employee Benefits. Responsible for the preparation and analysis of sales & use tax reporting, participation in the preparation of income tax
reporting, property tax reporting and other various tax reporting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares/Reviews sales & use tax returns and related account reconciliations.*
• Determines taxability of capital expenditures.*
• Participates in the preparation of federal and state income tax returns.
• Prepares unclaimed property tax returns.
• Prepares excise tax returns.
• Prepares monthly journal entries related to “tax” accounts.
• Prepares other various filings to the state and federal governments.*
• Research taxability of purchases or services provided
• Monitor hotel occupancy exemptions
• Attendance is considered an essential responsibility.*
• Adherence to all Company policies and procedures.*
||Preferred Education & Experience
• Bachelor degree in Accounting preferred – Associate degree in Accounting required
• Ability to work independently, multi-task, analyze, and problem solve
• Excellent organizational skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
||Send This Job to a Friend