||Payroll Tax Administrator
||Operating as a regional airline in the United States, Air Wisconsin Airlines performs flying services as a partner with United Airlines.
Currently operating a fleet of CRJ-200 regional jets as United Express, Air Wisconsin Airlines operates throughout the Eastern and Central United States as well as into Canada.
Air Wisconsin's team is made up of around 1,500 members dedicated to making our travelers’ experiences safe and pleasant. With service to approximately 70 cities throughout North America, we carry an estimated 6 million passengers a year.
With general supervision of the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Tax Administrator performs detailed accounting work that requires a high degree of accuracy and timeliness in the processing, recording and reporting of payroll taxes and compliance with local, state
and federal regulations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Applies standard concepts, practices and procedures within the Payroll Department.*
• Ensures timely and accurate filing of payroll tax returns and amendments for all company pay groups.*
• Responsible for processing amendments in the payroll calculation system and filing the amendments with the appropriate tax authority.*
• Manage and coordinate all follow up issues with the tax authorities.*
• Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and year-end tax reconciliations.*
• Maintains current tax rates & frequency filings.*
• Primary contact with 3rd Party Tax filer.*
• Researches new locations for tax requirements and complete registrations.*
• Committed to time sensitive deadlines.*
• May assist in the training and development of new staff members.*
• Considers the employee as a customer of the Payroll Department.*
• Assists with periodic payroll-related reports, analysis, and monthly General Ledger entries*
• Assists with monthly payroll closing procedures - 401K, Credit Unions, HSA, Flex Accounts and Wage Assignment transmittals, and other duties as necessary.*
• Provides backup to others in the Payroll Department*.
• Recommends changes to departmental procedures and processes for purpose of continuous improvement, internal control and efficiency.*
• Evaluates impact of changes to Company business activities and applies applicable rules.*
• Adapts to changes in guidelines and applies exceptions when authorized.*
• Assists with special projects.*
• Attendance is considered an essential responsibility.*
• Adherence to all Company policies and procedures.*